Friday, August 10, 2012

Intrusive Facebook

Facebook has informed me that as of August 15th I will have Timeline...whether I want it or not. 

I DO NOT WANT TIMELINE! But there is no way to tell Facebook. I was never asked if I wanted it.

I find Timeline very confusing, therefore, I do not go to the "Wall" of friends who have it. And the worst part is the map that shows where I've been recently. What?

Where I've been is none of anyone's business. If I want you to know where I've been I'll tell you...personally. 

Now let's be clear...I don't go where I shouldn't. I don't go places that would cause shame to my family. I just find this feature an invasion of my privacy.

Maybe I'm just getting old (wash my mouth out with soap for saying that)! And, admittedly, I have let a lot of technology pass me by.

But, this Facebook thing... A little more paranoia among its members would be a good thing.

I am taking my paranoia and leaving Facebook. I know, I've done that before and came back. This time, August 15th, I will be gone for good.

I will miss the instant contact with my family and close friends, but there is email and the phone (as much as I hate using the phone), and face to face visits. How innovative! 

Then, if you really want to know what I'm up to now, there is my online journal...you are reading it now.