Friday, August 31, 2012

King's Island Wildlife Management Area

I took these pix this morning when I went for a short walk down to the boat launch at King's Island Wildlife Management area. I tried to link this post to the photos on facebook, but the page wouldn't come up. One more thing to thank FB for! :-))))


I'm standing out in what normally would be the river. I'm looking back at the parking lot.

Many shades of green. You can see some fall colors starting to show through.

Look how low the river is! Enlarge the picture and look across the water at the large piece of driftwood. Doesn't it look like a river monster?

This is a school of geese. Not a gaggle! Look at the teacher at the front of the class. :)

This is not a submarine! :) It's either part of the rapids or something that snagged on a rock.


The island is also known as Terry's Island. Both families occupied the island a very long time ago but I'm not sure if it was the 1700s or 1800s. I would have to do some research.

No comments: