Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday. She is also my oldest child. My, how time flies.

The Day After
Today is the day after my magnificent toss from my bike. Even though I got the arnica gel to the damaged area pretty quick, I seem to have missed part or all of the area that hit the ground. I do have an ugly black and blue. Other parts of my body also hurt and show signs of brusing...places I didn't now were involved in the accident. So...I'll be colorful for a week or so. :)

Compromising 
I have certain brand name products that I buy all the time. In most cases I have tried the store brand, but those products just didn't taste good. What's the sense of buying cheaper foods if they will wind up being tossed.

Today I was in desperate need of mayonnaise. I happen to like Hellmann's with olive oil.  When it's on sale, I will buy at least 2 jars and hope it lasts until the next sale. It hasn't been on sale in a while and this morning the cost was $4.59. No way will I pay that much for mayo.

The compromise was I did buy the store brand. It doesn't have olive oil in it but at least it was only $2.49 for a 30 oz. jar...which is the same size as the Hellmann's. It had better be good because I can't afford to toss it out.

Another compromise was bread. My preferred brand name hasn't been on sale for a while either. I was going to scout the bread aisle to see what was on sale when I came across a package of onion rolls on sale...right in front of the deli counter. This is a substitute I know I will like. Some days you win and lose. :)

No comments: