Wednesday, June 11, 2014

From eBay to FB

This is the table and chair that I bought. The chair was the subject of my inquiry on eBay.


This past Saturday I picked up an antique school desk and chair at two different tag sales.  I was curious as to how much the chair was worth so I Googled “antique school chair” and was presented with many choices…one of which turned out to be eBay. I found the exact chair, but it had been painted turquoise (ugh) and was valued at $25. Pretty good since I had only paid $2 for my find…and mine had the original finish and was well used.

A couple of days later, on my FB Home page is a posting from eBay wanting to know if I was still interested in this item, and showed a picture of the chair. I almost fell off my chair! I was really, really futsed! How did they know it was me and how were they able to find my FB page?

The only explanation is that they have a way of tracking inquiries. I find that an invasion of my privacy. What do you think? I will think twice about going out onto eBay again.