Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Conversation With Maya


I went to visit my granddaughter and great granddaughter today. 

While Jess was busy making out her grocery list, I was having a talk with Maya. She would chortle and I would respond as if she was telling me a story. So we spent a lot of time talking, chuckling, squeaking, chortling, and making an assortment of baby noises and crazy great gramma talk.

This continued through Maya's bath and on up to her room where Jess dressed her. At one point in our conversation, I said to Maya, "I want your first words to be 'you are so beautiful, gramma.'" Maya's expression immediately went dead-pan, and she just looked at me.

Jess and I cracked up! Maya's expression was saying, "I'm thinking, I'm thinking." 

When she is able to really talk, we will revisit this issue!