Thursday, July 31, 2008

Good Riddance to Manny!

Photo: There is no photo to express my joy at this event!

Manny can be Manny for Joe Torre. Let's see how long that dog and pony show lasts.

I love the Red Sox. I've been a fan since I was 9 years old. One thing I have noticed is that when a player starts whining, it's time to get rid of him.

Recent examples: Mo Vaughn. Nomar Garciaparra. Pedro Martinez. And now, Manny.

You will notice from the above examples that these players are never heard of again. Mo isn't even playing as far as I know. Nomar may be playing but he's not a household name any more except at home with Mia Hamm. Pedro has been on the injured list more than he's been pitching for the Mets. And now Manny. I will predict he will follow the example of Pedro Martinez and spend more time "injured" than well.

I can't wait for the rest of the season.

Bye Manny. Don't let the door hit you in the back side on the way out through the door in the score board in the Green Monster!

No comments: