Thursday, July 31, 2008

REI Outfitting Shake-down Ride #2


















Photos
Taken on Mt. Greylock in Massachusetts
Left: Birch tree. This looks like an insect from outer space with the long legs and huge antennae.
Some people might tell you I have an over active imagination, but do not believe them!
Right: A clump of five birch trees.

Some dried, some didn't
Yesterday I told you I washed out the shirt, socks and shorts I wore for my morning ride and hung them to dry in the laundry room. I wanted to see how dry everything was in 10 hours.

In 10 hours the socks were barely dry. The shirt was still damp at the bottom and the shorts were more than damp at the waistline (hanging up-side-down) and the padded seat was not dry either.

This morning the socks absolutely dry as was the shirt. The shorts still have a ways to go.

Considering it has been very humid since yesterday, perhaps this was not a good test. It’s hard to tell what would have happened over night in a room with the A/C going.

Thirty-six hours later and everything is dry, or as dry as they are going to feel when our humidity has a 70° dew point with an 80° temperature. Everything in the house is damp.

I will be packing a 20-foot length of thin cording and some clothespins. I’ll find a way to create a clothesline in every room we stay in. And, if all else fails, that’s what the mesh laundry bag will be for. Into the bag and bungeed onto the back of my bike. The air and (hoped for) sunshine should finish the job.

I don’t know what Kathy’s plans are. ☺☺

No comments: