Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Boston Red Sox


Photo:
Pebbles and shells on Coast Guard Beach in Eastham, MA, Cape Cod.

Another Important Part of My Life

I haven’t said anything about the Red Sox and baseball in a long time. The Sox were on top of the AL East since the season opened. Maybe once before they slipped, but not for long. Now, however, they are 1 ½ games behind the Tampa Bay Rays! Last year being the exception, the Sox either go down the drain or surge right after the All Star Game. Are they starting their slide early?

Then you have injuries, suspensions and Manny being Meany. Did you read where he got into a pushing match with one of the traveling secretaries over not being able to get tickets for last night’s game? And what was that he and Youkilis got into in the dugout a couple weeks ago? Are we watching the unraveling of the Sox? Someone! Get better knitting needles and fix this.

The Yankees are way back there, 6 or 7 games out, but…as much as I dislike the Yankees, they are THE Yankees and one can never discount them. They may be the highest paid underachievers, but look out if they ever figure out what (or who) is not working and fix it!

New England Summer
The weather has been kooky—hot, humid, and pop-up T-storms every day. The best time for me to bike ride is early in the morning. Right now the 4th of July doesn’t look too good weather-wise with those pesky showers as a maybe. I’m trying not to run the A/C just because it costs so darned much.

On-line banking
I’ve been having a problem with on-line banking lately – actually since last Thursday. When I called the Help Line this morning they asked me if I had a Mac (which I do) and they transferred me to someone who knows what the problem is with the Mac all of a sudden. I had to leave a message and she has not called me back. Is it that big a problem? I wonder if it has anything to do with the Microsoft upgrade that happened automatically recently. If I have nothing else in the world to stress me out, I know I can always count on my computer. ☺

No comments: