Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God Bless the United States of America

It will take a while for the reality of this election to sink in. Americans have made history!

I first heard of Barack Obama when he appeared on Oprah. I was taken by his honesty, loyalty, and ideas for a better future every American could be part of. I say better future, because what I, personally, was experiencing under the presidency of George W. Bush was not good.

I retired in 2001 and things looked pretty good. Then we were led down a slippery slope that ended in a global economic disaster that my great grand children will probably be paying for.

I pray, and I really mean that, I pray that by virtue of this election the people of the world will rally to work together. United we succeed, divided we destroy civilization and probably the planet.

It will not be easy. There is so much that needs to be repaired. The lose of life in two wars being waged simultaneously (one we never should have been in!) can never be fixed, and the economic crash that has brought the world to it’s knees will not be fixed in a few months or even a few years.

I am a registered Independent. I don’t care what party a candidate belongs to. I do care about a candidate’s ideas and vision for the future. That’s what I vote for. That’s why I voted for Obama.

Let us go forward as a united people.
Let us put God back into our public places and schools.
Let us admit God back into our daily lives.
Without unity and God, we don’t stand much of a chance.

The Universe is watching and waiting.

No comments: