Saturday, November 29, 2008

Volume III is Ready for the Printers

















Photos: Sunset from Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod.

I can’t believe Vol. III of Come Ride With Me has been burned onto a CD and will go to Staples in the next day or two (depending on time and weather) to be printed. I was feeling quite smug, thinking I was so early. I decided to check my on-line journal to see what date I did it last year. I found Nov. 18th where I said the books were all compiled and ready for gifting. WHAT? Here it is Nov. 29th and I’m thinking I’m doing pretty good with timing. Nothing like busting my own bubble!

Once it’s printed, I then have to put the pages in sheet protectors and assemble the books. That is truly back breaking. I have to find a method of assembly that doesn’t require me to hunch over so much. I’m thinking of using the long table in front of my desk and sit in a proper chair!

For some reason I had a tough time realizing today is Saturday. Kept thinking it was Friday, therefore nothing was making any sense. I was confused by the morning news anchor and weather person. What were they doing there on a Friday? Even after I realized it was Saturday, it was still a tough go for most of the morning.

Tomorrow night I hope to get outside with my camera and try to capture the Moon/Venus/Jupiter conjunction low in the southwestern sky just about sundown. I can’t do it from my yard because of all the trees. I need to go to the parking lot of The Shoppes at Buckland Hills where I will have a wide open view of the sky to the southwest. I heard that this conjunction will not happen again for another 54 years. The chances of my seeing the next one from Earth, in this body, is very slim to non-existent. ☺

No comments: