Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So Much Is Going On!




















On a recent hike through Northwest Park in Windsor, CT, we came upon this gigundous 'shroom. Actually it is an Artist's Fungus. I knew a woman years ago who would pick these, dry them in a very slow oven and do pen and ink drawings on them. Then she would shellac them and sell them. I'm not sure there is a market for them any more, but it could be a fun thing to do with your kids this winter.

My mother is finally out of the hospital and in a nursing home for rehab. She has not been home since Oct. 10th! However, she is doing remarkably well considering she's 96 has just had surgery! Even her surgeon says she's a tough old bird. All this driving back and forth every day has really racked up the miles.

I finally have my Erie Canal bike ride journal and photos up-loaded to a new, dedicated blog. Go to http://www.eriecanaladventure.blogspot.com if you are interested in reading all about it.

Let's see, what else is going on.

Oh, yes. I will be heading down to Maryland in the near future to visit my daughter, Anne, and her family. As long as my mother will be in the nursing home for a while it's a perfect opportunity for me to get away. I'll no doubt have pictures when I get back.

And finally, I'm starting work on my Christmas book for the family, Come Ride With Me. It is a 3-ring binder of my poetry, essays, and other writings. This year is Vol. III. When I'm no longer here, my kids and grandkids will have insight into who their mother and grandmother was.

I've been going crazy trying to do my fall cleaning so don't be surprised if I don't post anything for a while. I'm not even sure which year I'm working on! ☺☺☺

No comments: