Friday, November 28, 2008

I’ll Be Ready For Snow…Eventually




















Photos:
Left: The skeletal silhouette of the trees makes a stark contrast. Taken in Brookside Gardens and Nature Center in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Right: A tree growing out of a different tree. I wonder if this could be called accidental grafting? Photo taken in West Branch Ecological Greenway in Montgomery County, Maryland.

Hanging around
Today I have a list of errands I need to do, but I have to stick around until Manchester Honda comes to get my snow blower. It’s going in for service. I would like to have the lawn mower done, too, but that’s more money than I want to spend right now. I don’t know how long before I get it back, so the snow had better hold off! ☺

I will be doing one last proofreading of Come Ride With Me before I take it to Staples for printing. That’s one errand on today’s To-Do list. While I’m there I will buy the 3-ring binders and special design paper for the section dividers. I will need to pick up another package of sheet protectors. Before I take it to Staples I will find out what my price/copy will be. There are several pages with color photos…those will cost more to print.

Right now it’s raining quite hard so I don’t want to go anywhere anyway.

Home for the day
Yesterday went very well. My mother came home just for the day, and was able to go up and down the stairs easily. That tells me her leg strength is good. Yesterday was also the 23rd day at the nursing home with more to come. She was ready to go back around 4 p.m. I’ll bet she slept well!

No comments: