Thursday, April 9, 2009

Laundry on a Windy Day



Photo: This is from an earlier post, way back in September of '07. But it is part of what I want to say today, too.

Hung out to dry
I love hanging sheets and clothes out on the line to dry. Not in winter! I'm talking about starting in April, on days like today, when it's 60° with a good breeze. This will continue right through until late October, probably.

Saves on my electricity bill
By not using the dryer I can save over $200 on my electric bill. And there's nothing sweeter than clothes dried outside in the sun and wind. I don't do towels outside. That's where I draw the line. No scratchy towels on this bod!

Today is one of those perfect spring days as described above. I hung out my sheets around 8 a.m. and they were dry by noon. I mean dry. I took them in before lunch. Dry!

Condo Associations
One day condo associations will have to allow clothes lines. I wrote a poem about that and I might as well share it with you now that I have mentioned it.

Why Condo Associations Won’t Allow Clotheslines
Blue jeans run in place
stagger, run again

Shirt sleeves wave to all passers-by
the nerve

Socks do a fancy two-step
fit to break an ankle

Bras are filled
seductively shimmy and flounce

Panties do a vigorous hoochy-koochy
exposing lust in the imagination of some beholders

Sheets with a come hither undulation
offer promise

Laundry hung out to dry
on a windy day

Scandalous!

Beverly R. Titus
4/15/08

No comments: