Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Updates

The face
My face looks a lot better than it did. I have been on an antibiotic ointment for the face and antibiotics capsules. In addition I have had to use a cortisone cream on my face to calm down all the nasty reaction. I still have some cracked skin that produces a little blood…looks more like my forehead was scratched by a cat. All in all, it is getting better.

On the 23rd I can stop using the ointment and the pills. I will use the cortisone cream until the 30th. I still can’t go out in the sun, which means no bike riding. This coming weekend the temps are going to be in the upper 70s low 80s. Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh! Patience is not a virtue I was born with.

My mom
When we last visited the subject of my mother she had been out of the nursing home 2 days only to wrench her knee…putting her right back.

Then, on April 11th she was right back to the ER with a high fever…102° F….it was determined she had a infection going on. They also found all the Coumadin she had been on didn’t do a darn thing because she still has clots in her legs.

After various treatments for all things going wrong (that the medical staff knows about) she was sent back to the nursing home on the 18th.

I’m not sure how much more she can take. The nursing home refers to her as the Energizer Bunny! She’s more like a yo-yo.

My new book
I am almost ready to self publish my first poetry chap book. Beyond the Mists is the poetry from my Spiritual, Magical and Dark Sides. The cover is powerful! Once the book is officially published, I will put it in my online journal for all to see. The cover artist, Leanne Peters, also did my business cards. She has the ability to take my ideas, produce them on paper and they look so much more than I had envisioned. She is such a talent! Thanks you Leanne!

I have the first complete copy all done. The cover isn't finalized yet, but this first galley is going to my mother. I want her to see it before anything happens to her.

Yard work
Hopefully I will have my boys (and maybe Kathy) over for about a half hour this coming weekend to pick up all the limbs, branches, debris all over my lawn. It’s stuff I can do myself, BUT I CAN’T GO OUT IN THE SUN! I have hats, but nothing that protects my face enough.

(music up and announcer voice over) Until next time, remember, Super Sudzie Soap cleans like nothing! ☺☺☺☺

No comments: