Friday, April 3, 2009

Good News…Bad News

















Photos
Laurel Park in Manchester. The pictures show two pathways through the park...one solid the other liquid. A beautiful spot if you like hiking.

GN/BN
1. Good news: My mother came home from the nursing home on Tuesday, March 31st.
Bad news: On Wednesday April 1st, she wrenched her knee getting into the car and on April 2nd was back in the nursing home.

I’m not sure if she realizes it yet that she isn’t going to come home again. I cannot keep her safe in the outside world and she is not strong enough to keep herself safe.

The nursing home staff will do a full evaluation and they will give her the bad news. I do enough things to tick her off; I don’t want to add this to her list.

2. Good news: I’m treating the skin on my forehead and nose for sun damage.
Better news: I will get to keep my face and nose.
Bad news: my face is splotchy, red as a beet and looks terrible. Funny thing is, no one has asked me what happened to my face. Either they recognize what I’m doing or they are afraid to ask. Trust me, you can’t help but notice!

3. Good news: I will be self-publishing a chapbook of my Spiritual, Magical and Dark Side poetry. I’m waiting for the cover to be finished. The title is “Beyond the Mists.”
There is no bad news with this one.

This just in
My poem, Time, has been posted on the poetry share page of the Prosser/Wintonbury Libraries in Bloomfield. Go to www.prosserlibrary.info. In the left hand column click on Wintonbury Branch Poetry Series & Open Mike and there it is. How exciting!

Just plain other news
The poetry circuit is getting very busy this time of the year. If I do everything I have penciled into my calendar I’ll be exhausted before next week is over.

At the Riverwood Poetry Series BOD meeting last night we devoted the entire meeting to the upcoming poetry festival at the end of June. That will be a blockbuster four days of poetry. You can go out to our website to keep checking on our progress, the venues, and the readers. Once again we are attracting poets from all over the country. Two well known poets have said they will make a special trip to Connecticut to be part of this festival.

I’m thinking seriously of going to visit my daughter, Anne, and her family in late May. My grandson, Jacob, will be Knighted! Yes. He will be Sir Jacob. The fifth grade class at his school gets to study medieval history and if they wish to be Knighted, they must choose quests and report back to the class. If they are successful in their questing, they are Knighted. How special is that? That will be May 27th and if at all possible, me thinks I must be there.

Let’s see. What else is going on? Tomorrow is bulk document shredding day at the South Windsor Bank on Ellington Road. That’s not too exciting, but it’s one more thing I have to remember to do.

A Shout Out!
A big shout out to Joyce who works with my daughter, Kathy. Joyce reads my blog. That's more than Kathy does! ☺ ☺ ☺

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog! I actually love how it is easy on my eyes and also the facts are well written. I am wondering how I may be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!

Beverly Titus said...

Hello, Anonymous. Glad you like my musings!