Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Because the house is going to go on the market, it needs to be power washed. What a difference it makes. You don’t realize how dirty the exterior is until you start hosing it down. Well I wouldn’t call power washing “hosing.” As you can see on the deck…good grief!

I’m grateful to Kathy for doing this huge job for me. Saving me lots of money. Yet, on the other hand, I feel bad that she is using two half days of her vacation week. I’ll have to make it up to her somehow.

I always thought it was just aging, weathering. It’s CRUD! The same thing happened to the cement steps in the front. Unfortunately the former owner painted the cement and now I’m left with half peeled ugly. Nothing I can do about it.

The power wash is probably the last of the big jobs. This coming weekend Andy and Paul will tackle the edges of the lawn with the trimmer, hopefully replace the seals on the bottoms of the garage doors, put up a new smoke detector upstairs and…well, at the moment I can’t think of anything else I need them to do for me.

The rest is inside work, such as, packing up all the framed pictures, sorting through the kitchen and deciding what I want to keep and what I will put in the tag sale. Of course, I need to finish the windows and window frames including the doors. The windows I already did will have to be wiped down again because the power washing left a lot of spots. I’m not sure I will be able to do the outside of the inside windows, but we’ll see.

I hope my next place has tilt-in windows!

No comments: