Sunday, July 12, 2009

Making Progress


On Saturday, Andy came over and we got to work. I had already started trimming the bushes along the driveway…just the sides…I can’t reach the tops very well any more. Andy finished the bushes while I concentrated on yanking the dead grass out of the cracks in the driveway. Every time I yanked a good clump I would disturb an ant colony. Then I had to be careful because they would be all over me in a flash.

With the driveway as done as I was going to do for one day and the bushes were finished, Andy and I tackled the heavy wooden posts (for lack of a better name) that were nailed in a double layer along where the former owner had built up beds. They were placed on the ground 30 years ago and when we started pulling them out we found they were rotten and loaded with slugs. Disgusting. We threw them on the pile of rotting firewood in the woods where they can finish rotting.

Kathy came over today to power wash the house but there was a problem with the washer. The problem is fixed now, so she will try again this coming week.

It seems I do inside stuff during the week and outside stuff on the weekends. Little by little it gets things done.

No comments: