Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Time to eat! We went back to Café Martin and I had a cup of kale soup, ½ BLT sandwich and a side of potato salad. The soup was delicious. The sandwich was only a half but it was big and delicious. The potato salad was good and it had an interesting zing to it. I thought maybe horseradish. The waitress thought it was from the Dijon mustard. Bingo! Dolores had a cup of chilled gazpacho soup and a glass of some kind of locally made mead and honey wine. She loved it. All in all our food was very delicious and we’d eat there again in a heartbeat!

Then it was off to Maureen Moore’s for the poets’ and writers’ salon. It was great having a new audience for our poetry and equally as great to hear poets we are not familiar with. There were a couple of writers there, one of whom (wish I could remember her name) had us in stitches. By 6:30 it was time to go. One final stop at Mocha Maya’s Coffee House: a cup of good strong coffee for the ride home.

Got home about 8 p.m. Just as Dolores was pulling out of the driveway it started thundering.

What a delirious day. Hopefully we’ll get to do it again next month.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Great pictures of the beautiful flowers. But that twisty looking tree is my favorite!
I saw the bridge of flowers years ago with my sister. I think you had more flowers than we did. Lucky you! We loved that town too..and the people were friendly. I should make another trip back there.