Tuesday, June 19, 2012


The new bridge. Finally!

Finally, as I live and breath, there is THE BRIDGE…6 miles from where I started…just as I thought. It’s nothing spectacular, but, just riding over it is a rush. It’s plenty wide enough. The riding surface is slightly humped for some reason…maybe water run-off. The sides are open, though screen covered. The drip edge of the roof has the wonderful gutters the HAD to be put on, that caused so much arguing, and so much DELAY!  So…over I go.

I am standing at the 13 mi. marker, having gone 6.7 miles. The surface of the trail is so bad I have to turn around and head back. A couple passed me riding with skinny street tires on their bikes. Good luck to them! I hope they know how to change a flat. My cell phone, chain lube and pepper spray in the side pockets my handlebar bag are jumping around so much, I have to stop and put everything inside the bag before I litter the trail with my belongings.

After a 6.7-mile uphill ride back to my car, I finished with 13.47 miles total. You won’t have to remind me to not ride this section again until the trail surface is improved.