Sunday, March 29, 2009

NCAA Tournaments – Saturday and Sunday

UConn men still in it!
Saturday night I listened to the UConn men’s game while driving to Middletown to attend a poetry reading. When I pulled up in front of The Buttonwood Tree the game was close…I think UConn was ahead 58-56. It had been so close with the lead being tied and changing constantly I thought for sure UConn was going to bite the dust.

What a surprise when I got home and checked scores on line. UConn won. On to the Final Four they go where they will meet Michigan State. Hmmmm. I really don’t think UConn can get past State…not if State plays the way they did today against Louisville. I had picked Louisville to win, but I am unable to feel sorry for Rick Pitino. His players, yes. The coach, no.

On to the Women
The UConn women steamrolled over California. It was a rough start, though. For the first time this season UConn was down by eight points…the most ever this season. At the half UConn was up by two. In the second half UConn just ran away with it, winning 77-53.

No comments: