Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More Food Talk

I find this rather amusing…that lately I have been talking about food. Not just food, but food that I have prepared. First we had the roasted veggies, then it was Quinoa, and today it will be Sandwich in a Bowl.

That’s right, Sandwich in a Bowl
Combine, in a bowl, anything you would put in a sandwich
meat (shredded)
onion (chopped)
tomato (chopped) and maybe
diced cucumber.

Then get creative…add
sliced olives (whatever kind you like),
sliced radishes (or chopped)
lettuce (if you like it, put it in…shredded)
what else would you like to add?

Take whatever amount of mayo to suit your taste and combine it with a little juice from the olives to make your own dressing. You can also use pickle juice. You can use prepared dressing, too, but I’m doing this on the cheap.

What? No bread? That’s right, No bread. Check the bread you would normally use and see how many calories you are eliminating.

Starting tonight, I will be having my sandwich in a bowl for supper. It will be delicious, nutritious and fewer calories than if I had a traditional sandwich.

Instant Salad Dressing
You have the salad all made and find you are out of dressing. Just combine mayo with pickle or olive juice, shake (or stir) and pour. Depending on the juice you use, the taste of your salad dressing will change. Gives you lots of different tastes!

My friends and family will no doubt think I have asked someone else to write today’s posting. Not true. I really can cook when I want/have to. ☺☺☺

No comments: