Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day and...


Photo: Kathy and Lou gave me the roses. Jess gave me the potted plant in the middle, which is actually 4 plants in the one pot. The aloe on the right was very tiny last year when Jess gave it to me for Mother’s Day. Look at it now. Kathy and Lou gave my mother a small arrangement of flowers, which we left at the nursing home. Jess game my mother a larger potted plant (on the right), which has to be hung outside. The best I can do is take a picture and bring it to my mother so she can look at it. Jess had no idea of the lack of space available in the room.

Sunday was a very windy, bright sun-shiny day. And, of course, it was also Mother’s Day.

Kathy and Lou, Jessica and her friend Matt, and I met at the nursing home to visit my mother. We took her out into the larger “visiting room” near the entrance where we could all sit around a table and talk and laugh and watch the two fish tanks. I think we did more laughing than anything else. My mother had no idea what we were all laughing at because she couldn’t hear what was being said.

From the nursing home we (everyone but my mother…she’s not strong enough yet to make field trips) went to a restaurant in Manchester…Boston's Gourmet Pizza Restaurant & Sports Bar. We were able to order individual pizzas, which was great since we had a wide variety of tastes. An individual pizza would probably have been big enough, but we were encouraged to order the small size each. I took most of it home and that’s lunch yesterday and today. Certainly not wasted.

As we left the nursing home, I looked in my rearview mirror and had to laugh. We were a Caravan of Hondas. I led the parade in my Fit Sport; then Kathy and Lou in the S2000; followed by Matt and Jess in Matt’s Ridgeline. Talk about impressive!

My new book
I took everything to Blue Wave Printing & Display in Vernon to get a quote for printing the cover. I also asked them to quote on putting the first 50 copies together (staple cover to the sets I have already assembled) plus trimming. If that is reasonable, I will ask them to do, from scratch, the next 50 copies. Stay tuned. I should get an email from them some time this morning with the quote.

No comments: