Saturday, May 16, 2009

Roasted Veggies Follow-up

When we last visited the roasted veggies, I was planning to use them in my scrambled eggs this morning (Saturday). SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!

I took an amount of leftover roasted vegetables and added them to 2 eggs, beaten with a fork. You could do this as an omelet, also. The flavor was incredible.

What next?
I’m getting reckless now. My menu for Monday is Shepherds Pie. I make my S.P. with hamburg cooked with onions on the bottom of a casserole, topped with either peas or corn or half & half peas and corn. Top all that with garlic mashed potatoes. If there are young kids in the house keep out enough peas and/or corn to make a smiley face on top of the mashed potatoes.

My next bright idea is to use the left over roasted veggies as the vegetable layer. I will chop them smaller, especially the asparagus. This will have to be heated in the microwave so it will be hot when layered.

How will that taste? I’ll let you know. I have a feeling I’m on to something.

Me.

The non-cook.

No comments: