Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More Photos from Saturday's River Walk




































Photos
Dag nab it! I didn't pay attention to the order in which the pictures were posted. So I'll try to get the descriptions in the correct order. This is not the river even though there's lots of water to be seen. This is the farm road we walked as we left the river behind us.
Bottom Left: This is one of several "wet" areas we had to navigate.
Bottom Right: Click on the picture to enlarge and you will see, just below water level, some cinder blocks to be used for crossing. My sense of balance is so not what it used to be so this was of great concern to me.
Top Right: Taken from the other side after Jon and I crossed. We both made it to the this side dry. You talk about leaps of faith! You try jumping from block to block when they are submerged in flowing water!
Top Left:This is a look back on the farm road as we were getting closer to Main St. toward the end of our walk.

Not much to tell, but I did want to get these pictures posted. Most of what we walked was pretty smooth and dry. Then there were places like these.


I went to the chiropractor this morning and my body is in much better condition than when I started back in February.

Then this afternoon I got out into the yard to pick up debris that the trees have been putting down all winter. I had two large limbs and a lot of small branches and twigs. One limb was so big I had to take one end and walk it in a semi-circle using the other end as a pivot. Then go to the other end and repeat the process until I could get it onto the brush pile at the edge of the yard. It was very heavy. I’m thankful no one was around when that one fell! It was good to be out in the sun (and wind) and being active. Right now I need to take a muscle relaxer because I know from experience what I did was not too smart.

Perhaps the chiropractor appointment should have been after the yard cleanup.

No comments: