Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Root of the Matter



















Photos
This looks to be the eroded, weathered root system of a dead tree (two views). How do I know it’s dead? It’s on the ground and not moving. It looks, to me, like a cross between a bat and a fox. What does it look like to you? Don’t you think this is more believable than the dead tree that I said looked like the skeleton of a huge beast? (click on photo to enlarge)

Finis?
This is the last posting (as far as I know) having to do with my canoe trip to Terry’s Island.

I may go back in time and present my California adventure, when I went out there to go hang gliding. That was my birthday present to me when I turned 55. We’re looking at 17 years ago. I will have to scan in a bunch of photos in order to do the narrative justice. Don’t expect it any time too soon. I’ll work on it and leave you with this teaser. ☺