Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Serious Planning Begins

Photo
Looking at Brockport, NY across the Erie Canal headed east on the bike path.

Where to sleep perchance to dream
I’ve been working on the itinerary for the bike ride along the Erie Canal. I’ve done as much homework on the internet as I can and now I have to start making phone calls.

Some of the motels listed have “reviews” and the reviews are not good. Are all motels dirty, moldy, and has rude employees? Probably not, but how do you know? Even the motels/hotels in Niagara Falls have bad reviews. That makes me suspicious. I get the impression that there are people who do the bad reviews just as a joke.

Since Kathy and I will be on bikes, our ability to take our business elsewhere will be greatly limited. Wish me luck!


Poetry
I’ll be going to a poetry reading and open mic tonight in Bloomfield. It seems like forever since I was there and I’m looking forward to this evening very much. I will be reading two of my poems, A Lazy Summer Afternoon in the Meadow and Who Walks the Tower?

No comments: