Friday, March 21, 2008

Pushing the Seasons

Photo
Old windmill on the green in Eastham, MA on Cape Cod. Last I knew, they stil use it to grind corn once a year - ceremonially I think.

The Lions of March

It has been very windy the last two days, but I thought I would hang sheets out today, anyway. That was exciting! Being wrapped in icy, wet sheets isn’t my idea of fun—but I got them hung out. Then I left to do errands. I heard on the car radio that we could have wind gusts, today, of up to 50 mph. Decided right then and there I would take the sheets in when I got home and put them in the dryer. Approaching the house I could see one of the sheets was on the ground already. Maybe next week.


My yard is so littered with debris from the trees that surround us. Two good sized limbs have come down and broke into several pieces on impact. Then there is the smaller stuff of varying sizes all over the place. The next good day (no wind and no precipitation) I’ll start picking it all up – one section at a time. My chiropractor is gonna love me. ☺


Speaking of my chiropractor, she’s expecting her second child around the end of March. I’d better take good care of my back until she’s back to work. I don’t want anyone else touching me.

No comments: