Friday, March 20, 2009

NCAA Men’s First Round

Yesterday’s games provided some drama. From Coach Calhoun not being on the floor because he was in the hospital, to Memphis almost destroying everyone’s brackets it proved to be quiet exciting.

The two biggest surprises has to be the close call Memphis had with Cal State Northridge. Apparently no one told CSN they were supposed to be afraid, very afraid of Memphis.

Then, how in the world did Clemson manage to lose to Michigan by THREE POINTS?

Two of the teams I had picked to win yesterday, Clemson and Illinois, lost. That doesn’t mess up my brackets because I have not picked them to go very far anyway. So I adjust my brackets slightly. These are my brackets and I’ll do them my way (that’s for those who are howling that I’m cheating). I have no money riding on the outcome so it doesn’t matter. ☺

Where it starts to matter is if Memphis doesn’t knock off UConn in the Elite Eight. I will be ecstatic if UConn can get past Memphis, but I still don’t think that will happen. That, indeed, would foul up my brackets and I would have to throw in the towel.

I don’t even want to think about the day after the champions (Men’s and Women’s) are crowned. It’s such a letdown. The NBA just doesn’t have the excitement that college Bball has. And it will take a while to allow the slow pace of baseball to take over.

No comments: