Tuesday, March 24, 2009

NCAA Tournaments – Sunday & Monday

Tennessee lost?!
I was so stunned by the Lady Vols loss to Ball State that I was sent to my bed in a swoon and could not bear to write about the games. And if you believe that, you don’t know me. I was so elated I was out celebrating! When I went to bed Sunday night I was sure I would wake up the next morning to find Tennessee had moved on to the next game. Imagine my shock-turned-celebration when I saw the score. I really feel sorry for the players. I can just imagine the brutal tongue lashing those kids must have received. I don’t know that they did…but, based on what we have seen from Pat Summitt in the past, I can only imagine.

As for the rest of the tournament games, the results of the Men’s games sent me reeling. However, the four teams I picked to go into the Final Four are still in the hunt.

For the Women’s games, I really got clobbered! I told you I’m not a familiar with the women’s teams because of lack of TV exposure. My Final Four picks are still intact, so we’ll just move on.

Weather
It has been so cold and windy the last few days. OK. It’s March and March is traditionally windy. It has also been dry. Last year it was wet. I will be watching the first two weeks in September to see what the weather is like along the Erie Canal. If it’s dry, I will not be happy. Not after bike riding in Sept. 2008 in rain every other day. That was brutal.

Speaking of bike riding
When I bought my Honda Fit it was very obvious my old bike rack could not be used. Too much glass and the spoiler makes it difficult to use the old rack. “Not prudent” and “disastrous” are terms that come to mind. So I bought a new bike rack…a Thule hitch-type rack. (Actually I did not buy it...my kids got together and made it an early Mother's day present. How great are they!). The Thule does not come with the “hitch” part. That had to be ordered separately from another company. That should be delivered today. Once I get it, I’ll call Liberty Honda and arrange for it to be installed.

Once that is done, I can get my bike to the shop for spring maintenance. After riding in so much rain last September, I didn’t have a chance to get my bike into the shop because of my mother’s health issues. I’m thinking the worse (all the cables are rusted out and everything else is rusty, too) and hoping for the best (it won't be costly to fix).

I’ll just be glad when it’s all done and I can ride.

No comments: