Friday, March 6, 2009

Time for Reflection



Photo
Reflections. I love this picture. The reflection of the stark branches is so beautiful. Taken behind Loomis-Chaffee school in Windsor where the combined Farmington and Connecticut Rivers regularly encroach on the athletic fields during spring floods.

I have a cold
You might say “So what!” This is significant because I can’t remember the last time I had a cold. I’m not whining; I’m just trying to cope. I don’t know how to have a cold. It probably isn’t a very bad one, but to me it sure feels bad.

This cold tried to catch me three times…the third time was the charm. First it tried to give me a sore throat and I started taking Cold Calm®. It went away. A few days later it tried to be a head cold. Again Cold Calm®, and bye bye cold. It’s last assault, the current one, became a chest cold with sore throat and Cold Calm® did absolutely nothing. So I stopped the Cold Calm® and started a cough syrup to clear chest congestion.

This morning I awoke to a very sore throat, but as the morning moves along, it seems to be getting better.

I was supposed to join friends for breakfast this morning, but for their ongoing good health, I’m staying home. No sense infecting them, too.

I have cancelled most of my weekend plans because of the cold and will spend most of the time with vats of herbal tea with honey and lemon and the two-volume book, Le Morte D’Arthur by Sir Thomas Malory.

Looks like I’ll have a lot of time for “reflections.”

No comments: