Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tough Being Sick



















Photo

These pictures come from one of my most favorite places, the Scantic River Linear Park in Enfield.
The picture on the left I call “animal mushroom.” It looks like a long flat animal, maybe one that slithers (?) and it has a long tail. Maybe it’s aquatic.
The one on the right is one of the many rapids on the river. They must be getting ready for the spring run of the rapids pretty soon. Can you imagine being in a canoe or kayak on/in this cold, rapidly flowing water? Wet suits (maybe it’s dry suits) and helmets are required if I remember correctly.

Finally human
Today is the first day I have felt human since the onset of this cold. It has been a week (right on schedule?). This is the first morning I woke up without a sore throat. Up until now, late morning, I have not taken any medication at all. I do think, however, I need to keep up the decongestant syrup…I can’t take any chances on my lungs.

I did go to the doctor on Monday. My concern was I had strep throat. The good news is I did not.

I cannot remember the last time I was sick, so I really don’t know how to BE sick. There is no yardstick to tell me the sore back and ab muscles are normal for all the coughing and sneezing I’ve been doing. So I probably worry more than if I caught frequent colds.

This has been a nasty one for sure and from what I understand, I’m not alone in my suffering.

Nadia
Has this woman had her 15 minutes of fame yet?
Have you wondered what special plans God has for these eight babies? I wonder what their special mission is. Could it be to tell us to stop playing God?

Riverwood Poetry Festival
We have our own website now and things are coming together. The festival will be June 24 through 28. There are multiple venues and the poetry heard this year promises to be as varied and as excellent as it was last year at our Beat Poetry Festival. Keep visiting the site often to catch up on the latest plans for poets and venues. This is going to be so awesome!

No comments: