Sunday, March 22, 2009

NCAA Tournaments - Saturday

This is where it gets complicated. We have both Men’s and Women’s to report on as of Saturday.

In the Men’s Second Round (Saturday) I had only one miss. I had picked Washington to beat Purdue. Everything else went well. After Friday, this was such a relief.

This is why we play the games
What you have to love in this tournament is how the underdogs are either whipping the favorites or giving them a huge run for their money. Cleveland never should have beat Wake Forest, and Arizona whipping Utah was never a possibility…my opinion of course. ☺ ☺

In the Women’s first round, Saturday, I had two misses: I picked Texas to beat Miss. St., and Xavier to beat Gonzaga. That’s pretty good since I know less about the women’s teams.

Why do I not know the women’s teams?
Simple. They don’t get as much TV exposure so I don’t get to watch them as much. I’m very familiar with Duke, Tennessee, North Carolina, Stanford and the Big East teams, but the rest are strangers. I have to pick them by chance…that means I will get some of them correct.

No comments: