Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Blizzard Is Coming! The Blizzard Is Coming!



















That’s all we heard for days. Meteorologists from Atlanta to Augusta (and beyond) were warning us of the possible snow depths to come, accompanied by high winds, and the likelihood that the shopping Super Saturday would be a big bust.

Yesterday was “D” Day (D for dumped on). The snow started over Connecticut around noon. And I mean “over”. It was snowing in the upper atmosphere but the air was so dry, it couldn’t make it to the ground. I was ready…fridge and cupboards stocked. The snow started at 10:30 p.m. I wondered if the delay in “touch down” would greatly affect the total snowfall.

When I awoke this morning it was sort of a disappointment to see only 4” of the white stuff on the ground. I guess the delay did affect the totals.

I got out there with Big Red and blew the snow away in no time. It was very light and fluffy. Then I shoveled off the deck and headed for the hot chocolate and a hot shower.

I lookout out around 4:45 this afternoon and the southwest horizon was glowing red like hot coals in the fireplace. I predict tomorrow will be spectacular!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I got about the same amount of snow. But this time Justin shoveled it. Yipee!