Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Family Christmas

No pictures. They didn't come out too good so I'm not going to post them.

Sunday, the 27th, was our family Christmas party. Every one was here except Anne and the boys. Anne had been in Chicago for a week due to her father-in-law’s death. The storms in Chicago and the upper mid west for that matter were epic! No chance of her getting home before the party and, further, she’d be in no mood to drive up from Maryland after a long plane ride home.

The party was in full swing when I saw a strange van pull into the driveway. I asked everyone if they know anyone who drove a large Toyota van. Someone said it must be Anne and that’s when I screamed for Kathy. ANNE AND THE BOYS ARE HERE!!!!!!! I wasn’t too excited.

We hadn’t seen them for about a year and a half and I really missed them. What a great surprise. It was great to have my Maryland grandsons and their mother in my house for a couple of days. I had converted the den into a guest bedroom and FINALLY I had the guest I made the room for.

They went back today and got home around 7 this evening. Anne fought the wind all the way down. She said the Jersey Turnpike was closed to cars pulling trailers and motorcycles. Who in their right mind would be riding a motorcycle on a day like today? Wind chills in the single digits. Windsor Locks had a wind gust today of 56 mph.

Anyway, it was a wonderful weekend. Now back to normal.

No comments: