Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Busy Week Ahead


Yesterday was a quiet holiday. I walked in the morning, tore the living room and dining room apart and cleaned. Visited my mother and gathered her laundry.

Today the central air people have already been here to replace my crazy, 25 year old thermostat. Now maybe the temperature in the house will show correctly on the thermostat, and not 6 degrees off. Basically I can set what I want for cooling and heating temps and forget it. Down the road, when the current central air system gives up, I’ll have another zone put downstairs, which will create greater savings.

The insurance adjuster is also due sometime today between 9 and 1. Another thing I want over with, so I can get on with my life! I really don’t want to go on vacation with a torn up bumper. The guy who hit me finally reported the accident to his insurance company. This afternoon, I’ll go visit my mother again and bring her clean laundry back.

Wednesday the decorating consultant from Sherwin-Williams comes to help me decide on a color for the basement. I can see the colors I want in every other room in the house…but not the basement. Once I have chosen the color then I get the paint and primer tinted and away I go…probably won’t paint until after the weekend. Maybe, just maybe, the painting will be done before I go on vacation.

Thursday I take my bargain (not so bargain any more) chair down to Deep River to be reupholstered. Now all I have to do is remember to get the chair out of Paul’s garage. ☺

Hopefully, somewhere in between I’ll be able to get in some bike riding and/or walking. Probably won’t get to the pool for water aerobics until Saturday.

No comments: