Wednesday, September 22, 2010

DAY FOUR

It’s Tuesday, already!

Here’s a little gem from the (Cape Cod) September Nature Calendar: “The first snow comes 6 weeks after the last T-storm in Sept.” What if there aren’t any thunderstorms in Sept.? ☺

Up at 7:30! What? I did go to bed late last night…11:30. Stayed up to watch The Event and The Chase (NBC). The Event is a keeper. Not sure I’d watch Chase again. It’s a formula story: bad guy kills someone; good guys chase bad guy while blowing up and shooting up everything in sight along the way. Good guys catch bad guys after chase and fight. In this one, the primary good guys is a gal.

The morning is chilly and sunny with not much wind. What to do. The forecast says the winds will pick up later today and switch to the SW at 15 -20 mph. Too much for riding. Hmmm.

Maybe I can wait until almost low tide this afternoon and walk Coast Guard Beach. If the winds are from the SW, then I should be sheltered by the dunes. If I walk, it has to be close to the surf where the sand is more hard-packed. If I have to walk in the soft sand…forget it. It’s a good theory. How many of my ‘good theories’ have gotten me into trouble? ☺

So, if I chug down to Chatham then dance up to Dunkin’ Donuts then hang around until it’s time to walk Coast Guard Beach…sounds like a plan to me. Low tide is at 5ish so, if I go down around 3, I’ll be able to determine what I can do. I would be walking into the wind going out to Nauset Inlet and have the wind at my back on the return trip.

By 8 am I decide it’s time to get dressed and start making some decisions here!

Left on my bike at 9 to go get the paper and some AA batteries for the kitchen clock. I got to the store at 9:30 after a pleasant ride. Back home at 10. Now that I have a newspaper, I should have breakfast…2 sausage, home fries, an egg. Yes!

I guess the day has decided to be lazy. I’m OK with that. The last 3 days have been very busy. What I actually did was: spend some time down at South Sunken Meadow Beach on the Bay side. Off with the shoes and socks. The soft, warm sand between my toes feels so good! ☺ I walked along the edge of the water feeling the sand scouring the bottom of my feet. ☺

Next I went over to the Audubon Center and walk the Silver Spring trail. I particularly wanted to go out to the Marsh Cabin to take a picture of it for a friend of mine who used to vacation there as a kid. I missed the shortcut and walked farther than I originally planned. It was worth the mistake. How beautiful the ponds with their lily pads and unseen chug-a-rums. The marsh is ablaze with all the colors of fall beginning to appear. The grasses are brown, yellow, green, while the scrub brush is beginning to show orange and red. AND the poison ivy is all over the place…it too is colorful, anywhere from glossy green to shiny red.

Then I popped over to Dunkin’ Donuts to check email and fb, then post Day Three to my blog. Scratched Coast Guard Beach. I’ve walked enough today and the wind is still up.

6:15. Just took my shower…my face is feeling a little sun-warmed. Settled in for the night. Not even going down to South Sunken Meadow Beach for sunset. Some of my favorite shows are premiering tonight…another late night.

No comments: