Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Day of the Chairs



















Chair on the left is the one being reupholstered now in the fabric I posted a few days ago. The chair on the right is the one I picked up today at Kathy's and will eventually have reupholstered in denim. This chair may wind up costing me the least...which makes it the biggest bargain.

This morning I took a pleasant ride down to the shoreline to see a good friend who will reupholster my delicate wing chair. I missed her house on the first pass and got all the way to the river. Thanks goodness for cell phones! I had been to her house only once before and I was riding a bike that time. Found her driveway on the second try…with good directions on the cell.

Once I got home it was time for lunch and a nap. The nap was only a ‘half-cat’ so I guess I’ll be going to bed early tonight. ☺

When I awoke, it was cold. I mean COLD. I had doors and windows open and the wind coming in off the river was COLD. Do you get my meaning here? I was COLD. So I put on long pants (hadn’t done that in 4 months) and a turtleneck. A cup of coffee was welcomed.

Then it was time to hustle up the road to Kathy’s to pick up another chair…this one is FREE. Now we’re talking Bargain. I will go back to Affordable Fabrics to see if they have any dark blue denim…that’s my choice for this one. It will go downstairs in the ‘library’ area.

Speaking of the downstairs, I do believe I’m going to wimp out and have someone do the painting. Yah, yah, yah! I know, but I can use my time for other things like getting ready to go on vacation and thinking about what I want to put on the floor…carpet squares or a large area rug that will essentially go wall to wall. I’m a long way from finished, so if I can get out of doing the painting and concentrate on other things, I’m good with that.

No comments: