Friday, October 5, 2007

Bikes to Baseball

Photo
The Natchaug River as it flows into Diana's Pool.

Congratulations in order

Right out of the chute, let me congratulate Jeff on his promotion to Corporal. Jeff, if you remember, is one of three Marines I write to.


Unusual weather
We have been experiencing highly unusual warm weather. Yesterday we hit 87° and today it went up to 86°. I’m still wearing shorts and tank tops. I can’t ever remember an October like this.

Think good thoughts about this weather lasting through NEXT weekend. Kathy and I are going to Cape Cod a week from today (just for a weekend) and it would be so nice if we had this kind of weather.

Great bike ride
It was a perfect afternoon for a bike ride, although I knew the temperature was a little higher than is my comfort level. But I was desperate for some exercise and the call of the open road was too much. Everything was working so perfectly. The bike and my body were in top form today. By the time I got home, I needed a cold Gatorade.

Post season
Let me take just a moment to report that Cleveland humiliated the Yankees last night – 12-3. Both the Yanks and Sox are playing tonight. I’m cheering for Cleveland even though right now, NY is up 1-0. Pettitte will fall apart sooner or later and the Indians can swoop in for the kill. Yes!

No comments: