Thursday, October 4, 2007

Old Friends

Photo
Reflection in the CT River.


How do things get lost?

Today’s photo was supposed to be Mt. Wantastiquet (Rattlesnake Mountain) in New Hampshire
across the river from the parking lot of the Co-op. I took that picture on a chilly November day in 2004. It had just started snowing and the flakes were as big as half dollars. The whole scene was a picture postcard. I can’t find it.

A pleasant ride
Took a ride to Brattleboro, VT on Wednesday. My friend Liz was going to the Co-op so I hitched a ride. All I bought was some quinoa flakes (keen-wa), which is a hot cereal. Quinoa is of Inca origin. It is actually a seed and not a grain. You can buy it in seed form and serve it as a side dish instead of potatoes or pasta, and it is high protein and fiber. I can get it here in CT, but it’s nice to take a ride with a friend. We had lunch in the little Café in the Co-op. Liz was able to find a sandwich made with wheat-free bread; I had the shrimp salad wrap. Not too much color showing in the leaves yet which surprised me. It was warm and humid which was another surprise considering the time of year.
After we got back to Liz’s, a cup of hot tea was in order. Even though I’m normally a coffee drinker, every once in a while herbal tea is a pleasant change of pace.

No comments: