Friday, October 19, 2007

I'm Tired


































Photos

Owl & Pussy Cat, Witchel Ray and Emeril LaGoulie, M. O. P. S. (mothers of pre-schoolers) but looks like the kids are beginning to disintegrate! ☺, and Super Star Singer.

Found my limit
I wondered how much it would take to tucker me out. Now I know. Start with a super strenuous bike ride on Wednesday, followed on Thursday by a guided walk around Wethersfield (historic homes and holiday decorations central themes), followed by an evening of poetry listening and reading. Not much of the Red Sox-Indians game was heard when I went to bed with the game on the radio. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! I did wake up in time to hear “and the Red Sox win 7-1.” I slept until 7:30 this morning. Half the day was already shot!

A word about the guided walk. I learned a lot about Early American/Colonial/Victorian architecture and the subtle nuances as the eras blended one into another. Will I retain it? ☺

What a great town
I may have stated this before, but it’s worth saying again. The residential area of Wethersfield around the historic district is ALIVE! In mid-afternoon people are walking around; sitting at the tables and benches in front of ice cream parlors and tea shops. Groups of older men and women are walking and having a great time just being out and about. Happy children (with their parents or grand parents watching) running around, playing and being kids. The way this section of town is laid out is conducive to this type of activity. It felt warm, hometown, friendly, alive. It felt good.

Today is a day of rest. Tomorrow – who knows. Sunday I want to go for a bike ride (on flat land this time).

No comments: