Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Life Gets Busy




Photos
Top left: Tracks above.
Top right: Water below
Left: Looking at the north tip of Terry's Island through oak leaves.
All photos taken on the Windsor Locks/Suffield Canal path.

Man have I been busy!


Cleaning
Once the electronic junk was out of my downstairs space, I can begin to breathe a bit. I started rearranging and cleaning and that soon got way out of hand. I had two piles of paper type junk to go through. One pile has been dealt with; the other will have to wait. However, I did find where that House Mouse had been camping out while he waited for the coast to be clear. He was along the wall behind the filing cabinet to the right of where I sit at the computer! I cleaned up all the droppings and now I know where to keep looking for signs of its (their) existence.

Christmas Book
Yesterday I took the Christmas book over to Staples for printing. What a beautiful job they did. Three pages had to be re-done, however. Sometimes a document looks and behaves differently from one computer to another—which is the case here. I brought the pages back this morning for re-do and should have the complete book ready to assemble by tonight.


Bike Riding

I went for a bike ride yesterday (Tuesday the 13th) and took some pictures, but didn’t have time to download them until now. This morning was spent running around doing errands and getting my hair cut. Now I am on my way to do another bike ride. Temps near 60° this afternoon, and that’s the last we will see of that kind of weather for a while. Get it while you can. I’m off!


I’m back! That was quick. I did some exploration of side streets for a safe and easy way to get to and from Tri-City Plaza in Vernon. I don’t usually have any reason to go biking in that area, but I was curious to see if I could get there if I had to. And sure enough I can. However, it’s the same old story: to get there it’s almost all down hill; to get back, well you can figure that out for yourself. ☹ ☹ I rarely bike directly from my house just because all main roads lead steeply downward. The one side street (or back roads if you will) isn’t too bad.

No comments: