Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Treasures & Trash

Photo
Yesterday I talked about my books. This is them. (Don't let Wolf scare you.) You can see I have more than books. Most of the stuffed toys have significance. If you click on the photo to enlarge, you will see Nameless, Faceless Baby Doll on the far left.

Fall cleaning – just a little late
After my workout yesterday, I started cleaning another area of the downstairs. This is a raised ranch with a completely finished lower level. This is where I have my sitting area complete with three overloaded bookcases, couch, bentwood rocker, TV and stereo. Then there’s my office section. Desks, computer equipment, phone, etc.,—usually the messiest area. I concentrated on part of this section.
I have a couple of shelving units and I tore them apart. Once I had them empty I moved them away from the wall in order to do a thorough vacuuming. Not everything made it back to the shelves. I tossed out a lot.

An educational blast from the past

I came across a term paper I wrote back in 1991 for a class in Oceanography I took at Manchester Community College (including all my research notes and sources). At the time, I had a need to know, one way or the other, whether Atlantis did or did not ever exist. I took a huge chance (for that time) with the title, The Mid-Atlantic Ridge (a search for Atlantis). I needed the course in order to learn all I could about the ocean floor.

☺☺ Just to be clear: I have cleaned since 1991, but I had forgotten what was in that particular box. ☺☺


My conclusions:

Between science and mythology there was no conclusive evidence for or against Atlantis ever existing in the Atlantic Ocean.


However, maybe
A) Atlantis exists in a parallel universe. Perhaps Plato’s “Pillars of Hercules” referred to the constellation Hercules.
or
B) Atlantis existed on another planet that blew up giving us the asteroid belt.
or

C) Perhaps we are remembering our future.

I was given an A+ with a score of 148 out of a possible 150. The teacher actually liked it. Called it “fascinating.”

A day of rest (thank goodness)

Between the workout and the cleaning, I’m happy today is a day off from both. It will be grocery shopping in the morning followed by running around, in the afternoon, for the Drug Stores and Other Grocery Store Specials. Frankly, I’d rather work out and clean! ☺

No comments: