Thursday, November 15, 2007

Wild Rabbit Bar and Grill

Photo
Evidence of a perfect late fall day.

Coyotes
I couldn't imagine what that noise was, but it jolted me out of bed. I don’t know what they were talking about but they woke me up at 4 o’clock this morning. One coyote was in front of my house (although I couldn’t see it) and the other was on the move down the street. I don’t know if it was a territorial dispute or the Wild Rabbit Bar and Grill had just closed these two were on their way home. Both of them were just barking back and forth at each other. Have you ever heard a coyote bark? It is the strangest noise. I’d rather listen to them yipping off in the distance. Now that I know they have been that close to the house, when I go out in the yard after dark (to put out the rubbish and recyclables) I will definitely bring something to defend myself—just in case.
It’s been pouring rain, windy and chilly all day today so I don’t think they will be out and about tonight. But then, what do I know?

No comments: