Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Snowfall Folklore

Photo
Yesterday’s snow.


First Snow

According to folklore, the date upon which the first significant snow falls, will be the number of snow storms we have. I hope that is not true, since yesterday we were treated to a little over an inch of the white stuff. It’s going to warm up so I didn’t bother taking Big Red out of the garage.


I hate shopping
The snow messed up my plans from one end of the day to the other. Instead of grocery shopping in the morning I waited until after lunch. Big mistake! Even the store personnel were grumpy. The parking lot was jammed; inconsiderate people all over the place; couldn’t find anything I wanted; and couldn’t get down any of the aisles I needed to get down. That was where the inconsiderate people came in. When the store is crowded, you cannot park your cart across the aisle and carry on a conversation with your next-door neighbor who you happened to bump into. IT CAN WAIT UNTIL YOU GET HOME, PEOPLE! If you don’t see what you are looking for, keep moving to the end of the aisle, turn around and go back. Keep moving!
I should have waited until today to shop. But then, I will get a chance to shop today—I still have all the Other-Store-Specials to pick up. ☹ ☹

No comments: