Monday, November 19, 2007

Working Out at Home

Photo
My home gym equipment.

Working-out on a schedule
From hand weights to leg weights and everything in-between, this is how I will be keeping myself in shape this winter. Now that cold weather has arrived I won’t be bike riding as often, if at all. And, by the way, bike riding does not build strong bones unless you do all your riding standing up on the pedals riding up hill.
My workouts will vary from day to day working out the upper body one day, legs another, and the core the next. In between, if the weather cooperates, I get out and walk. I walked on Saturday, but I won’t be walking again until my shins stop hurting. Walking on pavement for 2 miles is way different from waking in the woods. So, to prevent shin splints, I’ll cool it for a couple more days before I walk again.

So much for lists
I have all my books, tapes, CDs and records cataloged on Excel spreadsheets. Turns out, the list of my books is not much help when it doesn’t tell me WHERE the darn book is! I have a book of core exercises, The Core Program by Peggy Brill. But, do you think I can find it? No! I found the Boot Camp book, but there is no way in Hades I’m doing those exercises! I have been wanting to weed out my books for quite a while—give away, set aside for a tag sale, keep. But I’m not going to do it just to find one book. I cannot imagine having loaned it out. I don’t know anyone who would use it. When and if it does turn up, I hope I remember I was looking for it and why.

No comments: