Sunday, December 23, 2007

Divvy Up the Goodies

Photo
This big guy is a snapper I spotted by the side of the trail on one bike ride. Click on the photo to enlarge and get a good look at that hooked beak.

Sugar Sugar Everywhere
The last few days have been filled with people stopping by bringing Christmas goodies. The Bahler girls (Marge and Marilyn) brought over their traditional Swedish Christmas Bread. Then Pauline brought over brownies, and cookies and Hershey Kisses. Yesterday’s family gathering brought popcorn, candy, more candy and honey roasted peanuts. Mom and I have divvied up everything but the kisses. That can wait. I’ll be in orbit for weeks! I have found that by eating lots of protein at times like these, keeps high/low swings of my sugar levels within reason. Define “reason”.


Family Gathering

I enjoy being in the company of my kids and grandkids (along with spouses and boyfriends). Anne and the boys couldn’t make it up from Maryland, as I told you previously, and Joe was among the missing also. He wrestles with East Windsor High School and had a meet that he couldn’t get out of. Every one is growing up so fast. Jonathan is our youngest family member (for the moment) and he’s 6 already. Speaking of Jonathan, he received a miniature all-in-one tool kit for Christmas. Good thing, too. His dad needed it to assemble one of Jonathan’s other gifts. Santa came through again. We took some great pictures, which I will not post on this site. I mentioned doing just that and the family’s reaction indicated that would not be a good idea. OK. That’s one way to get them to regularly read my on-line journal. Threaten to post their pictures.

I do want to thank James for the box of Jell-O. My favorite color—green. ☺ ☺ ☺

No comments: