Monday, December 17, 2007

Photo
The snow shoveled off the deck flowed off the steps on both sides forming this nice little hide-a-way protected from the northeast wind by the snow that I never shoveled off the steps. I wanted Sunday’s icy precip to fall on snow – not on bare wood.
The junco's, in particular, like to hang out in there.

Fooled again

Yesterday I said we got the Sunday Hartford Courant on Saturday. That’s true. I didn’t even have time to look at it so I didn’t know we didn’t get all of it. The sections that came Sunday morning were the ones that actually had what was new(s). At the risk at being wrong again, I am assuming the bulk of the paper was delivered on Saturday just in case weather prevented the delivery of the entire paper. Some is better than none? Now we know how much of the Sunday paper is printed in advance. How far in advance is the question now.


Wind Chill

This morning (right now) the temperature is 15° with high winds. That puts the wind chill down in the single digits. And I have to go out there and do the snow blower thing again. This is not going to be fun. And of course the deck has to be shoveled because I don’t like to leave that weight on the deck. Then again, I need to get out to the birdbath to help my birds have drinking water. This time of year no birds are using the water for bathing. But the birds do need drinking water. When the temps are this cold it’s a challenge to keep the water fluid. I don’t have any place to plug in a birdbath water heater and I haven’t researched to see if anyone carries a battery-powered heater.


Right now I'm off to get dressed and have a good breakfast, then do battle with the mess that fell yesterday. It looks like about 4-5 inches of the stuff. The challenge will be at the end of the driveway where the town has piled it up. That is probably pretty icy. It will take Big Red and me a little longer, but we’ll get it done.

No comments: