Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Weather Happens

Photo
Earlier this year Kathy, Lou, Jess and I went swimming with a Beluga whale in Mystic Seaquarium. The day was a gift from Jess. We had such a good time.

By now you have noticed that the pictures I post don't usually have anything to do with the content of my blog. Did you really think I was that clever?

Wicked weather
Our weather is going from bad to horrible. Right now the predictions are:
1) starting Thursday afternoon we could have 3 to 6 inches of snow. Then, 2) Sunday, we could have our first nor’easter. Plus, 3) our temperatures are expected to drop into the single digits by the weekend.

Please refer to my weather predictions on September 7th and October 10th right here in my on-line journal.

Important events and the weather
It looks like the “One Soldier, One Poem” event in Portland, CT on Friday night will be OK. I will be going to that. I know the Patriots will probably play Sunday regardless of the weather. I have concerns for all the fans who will go to the game.

“One Soldier, One Poem”
Friday, December 15th, many of Connecticut’s poets will gather at Portland (CT) Middle School to read poems they have written to memorialize service personnel from CT who have made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan. I had already written a poem for my grandson, Philip, but there is no way I could ever read that out loud in public. A poet friend of mine, Dolores, offered to read it for me. I can’t thank her enough. It will be a very emotional evening, and I have already told the organizers that I’m not sure how long I will be able to stay.


Patriots and Jets

Sunday’s game will be against the Jets. The last time they played was the SpyGate incident. Because this rivalry is heating up I’m sure every Patriots fan who has a ticket is going to make darn sure they are in the stands to harass the Jets, regardless of the weather.

Mom’s MRI
Last Friday evening, my mom lost her balance and fell into the living room from the kitchen. Once I got her up off the floor my assessment was that she was OK. Bruised and sore, but OK. Today she had a routine appointment with her doctor and to be on the safe side he ordered an MRI on her head. The results came back negative. No injury and no evidence of anything that could have caused her to topple over. Good news. Just knowing nothing is wrong has made her feel much better.

No comments: