Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Patriots Win #12

Photo
Ashuwillticook Rail Trail looking north toward Mt. Greylock. The trail starts at the entrance of the Berkshire Mall and runs north for 11 miles on a 10 ft. wide paved surface and ends in Adams, MA. You will find food and drink at a pub/café right at the end of the trail or swing around the corner to the left and eat at the Adams Diner. There is also a large information station at trail's end. All three locations have restrooms. The scenery on this trail is beautiful. And best of all, the trail is flat except for the beginning downhill that poses no problem on the return trip. On the way back, stop at Diane's Twist at 13 Main St. in Cheshire. She serves great frozen yogurt as well as over-stuffed sandwiches and shakes, etc.


Sleepless over a football game!
Refer to what I wrote on Nov. 26th. I said the Patriots should have an easy win over the Ravens, but this could be a dangerous game if the Pats took the Ravens too lightly. Boy oh boy was I right.
I stayed up into the 3rd Q and went to bed only after the Pats tied it at 17. Once in bed, I turned on the radio to listen to the game and the Ravens scored to make it 24-17. I turned the radio off. No way was I going to listen to any more of that! And so I slept in fits and starts all night. My dreams were filled with the final score of Ravens 39, Pats 38, and saying over and over again it’s only a game. The first thing I saw when I turned the TV on this morning was the crawl at the bottom of the screen about the Pats winning 27-24. What a relief. The teams on the remainder of their schedule should have a pretty good idea from the Eagles and Ravens games just how to possibly beat the Patriots: play physical, run the ball hard and pressure Brady. Hopefully, by the time they play their next game the Brady bunch will have figured out how to counter this new attack. It’s only a game. Yah. Right!

No comments: