Monday, December 3, 2007

Icy Days and Mondays

Photo
An icy Scantic River in Enfield.

Surprise email
The day started with an email from my friend Leslie. It was an invitation to use a spare ticket to the UConn Lady Husky’s basketball game on Wednesday at the Civic Center. What a treat—supper with a good friend and a basketball game. Makes the whole week special!

Icy conditions
The storm we were expecting arrived over night. Not much snow where I am, but a thin coat of ice on trees, roadways and driveways makes getting around a bit treacherous. All over the state there are thousands without power. We are thankful we still have ours. The Universe always welcomes a prayer of Thanks. It likes to be thanked as much as we do – if not more. I expect the temperature to go up enough by lunchtime that I can get to the post office. I need stamps to mail my Christmas cards. I also need more cards. I didn’t create my list first, so I fell short. However, compared to other years, I’m early and have plenty of time.

Mailing Christmas presents
I still have to mail gifts for Jacob and Andrew. They will not be joining us this Christmas season since they will be going to Chicago to visit their other grandparents. I would like to get those mailed by today or tomorrow. Santa became confused by their change in plans and left some of their gifts here. Santa takes care of the “off site” gifts early in the season, that way he can concentrate on accurate “on site” deliveries on Christmas Eve. Bet you didn’t know that!

No comments: